Monday, December 3, 2012

Enchilada Chicken

It's been a while...

Sorry I haven't been around lately, we've been so busy between Thanksgiving and the closing of our business. I did however want to jump on and let you know I'm still alive.

And I figured...
What better way to say hello than a Crock Pot recipe?
So today I have for you Enchilada Chicken.

I saw a delicious looking recipe posted by Chef in Training this morning and I was like "I so want to make that." so I went to my pantry and realized I had only two of the four ingredients it called for... And I was still in my pajamas (at 11am) so I decided to improvise. 

For this recipe you will need:
4-5 boneless skinless frozen chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
1 can of Rotel
1 package of enchilada sauce mix
Optional:
shredded cheese
baked tortilla strips
sour cream
tortillas

Spray your Crock down with Pam and lay your chicken breasts inside. On the side mix together the other ingredients in a bowl and pour on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Plate and top with the toppings of your choosing, or shred and fill tortillas.

To make fresh tortilla strips, cut up a flour tortilla into short strips and spray with cooking spray. Broil them for a few minutes until they are golden brown.

I cooked up some Spanish rice and we threw that into our tortillas as well. Mr. Red didn't even make it to the table to eat, he loved it so much he ate standing up in the kitchen while I was fixing up my plate! It was a winner at our house!

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment