Friday, November 9, 2012

Easy Apple Crisp

Mr. Red surprised us tonight and came home early! I was so excited that we got to have dinner together tonight early, Lil' Red was pretty pumped, too!

I threw together one of those stir fry packages that have the noodles and sauce and all you have to add is the veggies. It was okay, but after dinner while Mr. Red was playing with the little one, she kept saying something that sounded like "pie". 

Mr. Red says, "Yeah, some apple pie does sound pretty good right now." and I couldn't help myself. I hopped on Google and typed in "Apple Crisp Recipe" and came up with one of the most delicious and so so easy apple crisp recipe I have ever found. Want to know the best part about this recipe? I had everything  I needed.

Sold.

So I thought I would pass it on.

Here's what you'll need
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup quick oats
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 stick of butter
1 can apple pie filling

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a round cake pan. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, quick oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Melt the stick of butter and pour into the mixture and combine, creating the crumble topping. Empty the can of apple pie filling into the greased pan and top with the crumble. Bake for 35 minutes. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!



You can find the original recipe here. I cut the recipe in half :)
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment