Monday, November 5, 2012

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

I couldn't find a recipe to fit exactly what I wanted, so I did my own mix of a bunch of recipes that I had seen, by just looking up "Salsa Chicken Crock Pot Recipes" in Google. Here it goes!

Spray your crock with Pam.
Put in 4-5 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Dump in a big jar of my homemade salsa (a few 16oz store bought ones should do if you don't have any of mine)
Pour in a drain can of corn.
Drain and rinse a can of black beans to put in (this is optional, I wanted them in there, but didn't have them on hand.)
Add in some of Wildtree's all natural Taco Seasoning**
Turn your crock on low for 8 hours

When the 8 hours is up, take your chicken out and shred it, then put it back in and mix everything up. Place on flour tortillas and top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and guacamole! If you like guacamole, we don't so we chose to skip that one!

Mmmmm!

What's for dinner in your house tonight? I would love to have some new recipes to try!


3 comments:

  1. I am actually planning to make this very thing for dinner tonight! Weird coincidence! :)

    Only, in my recipe I am adding a packet of Ranch seasoning. We'll see how it goes! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was DELICIOUS!! How did yours turn out??

    I also froze some for after the baby comes. Then I'll just have to thaw it and throw it in the crock pot! Easy peasy! :)

    ReplyDelete