Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ranch Pork Chops

So, Mr. Red informs me this morning that the pork chops I bought yesterday have a slit in the wrapping and I need to use them very quickly. I wasn't planning on that. I'm not going to be here for a while this afternoon, I have a standing appointment on Sunday's at an adult foster home for pedicures and haircuts. I needed something I could throw in my crock pot to be ready when Mr. Red gets home (early tonight!). 

So, I called up my good friend Google, we're pretty tight, and asked her (I mean really, no way a man could be that smart, all of the time), "pork chop crock pot recipe" and found this lovely blog post by Renee over at Living Laughing & Loving for Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops... and apparently they are "Finger Lickin' Good". 

I'm pumped. Not only because I love crock pot recipes, but because if there is one thing I love more than crock pot recipes, it would be 3 ingredient crock pot recipes. That's right, 3 ingredients. And get this, I had all three on hand, chances are, you will have them all on hand, too.

1 (or two) can(s) of cream of chicken soup
1 packet of ranch seasoning
pork chops

Easy, peasy lemon squeezey.

I dumped 2 cans of cream of chicken soup into the crock pot, rinsed out my cans and dumped about 1/3 of a can of water in there, dumped the ranch dressing packet, mixed it up and covered the pork chops in the mixture.



I think if I were to name this recipe myself I would call it "Pork Chop Dump" because I find myself saying dump (I know I will get all kinds of jokes from Mr. Red tonight for saying that word) quite often when explaining it. 

I turned my crock pot onto 6 hrs. high and now I'm just waiting.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This sounds delicious!! Let us know how it turns out. Also, I wonder if it would turn out with chicken? Hmm... maybe I will have to try that. :)

    ReplyDelete