Saturday, October 20, 2012

1,050 Calories

So I maybe may have had dessert before dinner tonight.

Lil' Red and I ate the whole container. No, really we and I shared it. You know, she had 3 bites and I had the rest. 


Do I even need to tell you how delicious - actually, a little side note.

Every time I hear that word, "delicious", I hear Fergie in my head singing:
"To the D, to the E to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S"
And because of this, I would like to take a moment to thank her for never letting me forget how to spell the word. Now, back to me being fat.

This ice cream is fantastic. Want to know what makes it even more fantastic? Mr. Red is allergic to almonds. What does this mean? All 1,050 calories were mine. All freaking mine. And they were great.

On another side note, Mr. Red doesn't actually have red hair. I just couldn't think of a better nickname for him. I told him to think of a better one and he quoted The Big Bang Theory:

"You can't just make up a nickname, it has to be given to you..."

So I dubbed him "Mr. Red".

Although this post is all over, I think it is very informative. 

Dinner is now cooking on the stove (it's 10:38pm), and it smells delicious. I'd love to post the recipe, but I fear it's not that impressive. I found a box of Zataran's Spanish rice in the cupboard, along with a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies (needed for the rice), and I got some water from the tap.

I had bought some chicken at the store and figured it would go along nicely. But I had to make it Mexican, right? So I basically threw as many spicy seasonings as I could find (chili powder, caijun seasoning, fajita seasoning), some Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil in the pan, and then some Scampi Blend (both Wildtree products). 

I know what you're thinking... why are you cooking dinner at (now) 10:44 at night? Simple. Mr. Red has been working all day and hasn't had a day off in 3 weeks. I figure the least I could do is make sure his dinner is hot and ready when he closes the business at 11:00pm. 

So anyways, I'll let you know how it turns out. With some pictures, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment