Tuesday, October 16, 2012

And so it begins...

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous...

I've never written for a blog before, but I tell you what, I've always enjoyed writing. Hopefully you enjoy reading, because that is what you will be doing here.

But don't worry! It will (almost) all be entertaining and helpful.

So here's the lowdown:

I'm a fairly new Mama to a beautiful little, you guessed it, red haired beauty!

Lil' Red

I mean really, could she be any cuter?! And if you didn't catch on from the caption below the photo, I will be referring to her as "Lil' Red" throughout my blog.

I am also a girlfriend to a fantastic and handsome man that I will be referring to as "Mr. Red". We have been together for 3 wonderful years. It's actually a funny story, if you'd like to hear it. For those of you that said "no", scroll down past the picture to skip the story, but be forewarned, it's a great story...

It all started when I was 3 years old, yes, I said 3 years old. My family and I moved to this small town to be close to my grandmother, who had been in bad health for quite some time. My parents found themselves starting up a business, a restaurant to be more specific, that was positioned right across the street from a grocery store. This grocery store was one of two in the town and had one of the nicest, fun loving, helpful people you would ever meet running the place. His name was Mike.

See, when I gained a couple years and started attending school, I would have a bad and tell my mom, "I'm going to go talk to Mike!" and off I would go across the street to vent to Mike about how people cheated when playing four-square and how I should have been server for way longer.

And after I gained a couple more years (now 10 years old), I totally started crushing on Mike's youngest son (Mr. Red). Let me give you a little explanation as to why... Not only was he super hott, he also had a... wait for it... lime green Honda CRX.

I'll let that soak in for a moment. Ahhh, it was a beauty. I might also mention that during my Jr. High and High School years I was also crushing on a few other boys, one had an orange car (don't remember make and model) and the other had a Toyota Tacoma, and being from the country, I've always loved my pick-up trucks. Back to Mr. Red, fast forward to 2009 and picture a still smoking hott Mr. Red, now owning an Audi TT, and a St. Bernard puppy. One word for you, irresistible. We had connected through Facebook, and I'll admit, I was Facebook stalking him, when my internet went down during finals week of college. Insert Mighty Mouse theme song music here:


Mr. Red then kindly invited me over to his house to use his internet to print off my assignments. The next time I saw him was when I asked him to help me fix my Xbox. After he fixed it, he stayed to watch "Hairspray" (the new one, one of my favorites) with me. It was all downhill from there. Basically we fell in love and had Lil' Red. We still aren't married, but we're working on it.

Me and Mr. Red

I am a hairstylist, nail tech and esthetician. I love what I do. I love to give people a confidence boost every single time they come to see me, or rather when I come to see them. I'm a "traveling stylist", which basically means I come to the comfort of your home to preform my services. 


Mr. Red runs his own business at the moment, but will be closing it on the 11th of November. He graduated with a degree in Computer Information Technology and Computer Networking Technology, and has worked for the IT department of an NBA team, as well as Intel. He will be going back to work at the family store, and I'm going to try and convince him to write some guest posts. Some funny stuff goes down at the local small town grocery store. Let me share with a few of his previous stories:


"Today I had to help TWO, yes two, separate customers find places to tie up their horses. Then I had to ask them to please pick up the feces left by their horses in our parking lot... They proceed to argue over which "vehicle" left the excrement and who was responsible for cleanup (I have to admit that was entertaining). "

"A man comes in for cherry flavor Imodium AD (anti-diarrheal), but we only carry the original flavor. I tell him to check the drug store. The next day the man returns and says he "needs it REALLY bad". I suggested he chase it with a can of Cherry Crush. Maybe it's just me, but if I had mud-butt that wouldn't go away I don't think I would be too picky about the flavor of the medicine... "

"Do you know what's worse than drinking pumpkin spice eggnog? Daring your father to drink a carton that is over 3 weeks outdated followed by him showing you the curdled chunks coating his mouth. I get it dad... you don't like things to go to waste but when I can smell the sour stench across the room it's time to toss it. I love the man but sometimes he disgusts me... "
.

Don't tell me that you didn't crack a smile when reading those stories. Cause I know you'd be lying. That is some funny stuff.

So, buckle in folks, and enjoy the ride through our crazy life.


1 comment:

  1. This is very cute! Welcome to the world of blogging. I think you'll enjoy it. You seem to like writing and are entertaining, to boot! :)

    I've had my blog for... hmm.. I wanna say a year? And it's still a work in progress! But it's fun, so I keep chugging away. Good luck and I look forward to reading more in the future!

    http://lifes-greatest-blessings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete